Goal: Team4Tech partnered with Dartmouth, UC Davis, and Middlebury to provide opportunities for university-level students to meaningfully engage by helping to expand digital learning.
Dartmouth College and the University of California, Davis, joined Middlebury College this year in this third year of partnership with Team4Tech to provide immersive service-learning programs for students interested in technology and education. These programs include partnerships with The Gashora Girls Academy of Science and Technology, The Centre for Youth and Development in Malawi, and the Dignitas Project and are detailed below.
- The Gashora Girls Academy of Science and Technology is a boarding school for 270 girls located in the Gashora Sector of Rwanda. Their vision is for their students to become inspired young leaders filled with confidence, a love of learning, and a sense of economic empowerment to strengthen their communities and foster Rwanda’s growth.
- University T4T volunteers mentored Gashora Girls working on their science and technology-focused capstone projects; provided college application support; and conducted workshops on technical topics of their choosing.
- The Centre for Youth and Development in Malawi leverages the talent and potential of young people by providing them access to ICT to enable innovation and development. They collect used and refurbished computers with pre-loaded educational software and install them in schools. They also train teachers on how to integrate the technology into their classrooms to expand their impact.
- University T4T volunteers researched and identified content to add to CYD’s digital education resource platform, Kolibri.
- Dignitas Project identifies and supports emerging leaders within schools and communities in Kenya. Staff provides school leaders with professional development, onsite coaching, and technical assistance in order to develop the skills needed to manage and lead a high performing, dynamic, and accountable organization for children and families.
- University T4T volunteers researched and produced digital tools and assets that will be used by Dignitas to deliver its training and coaching program online.