Team4Tech is a Silicon Valley-based nonprofit that works to expand access to quality education and economic opportunity through technology capacity building and solutions by leveraging technology volunteers. We partner with global nonprofit organizations with strong education programs and help them amplify their impact through technology grants and pro bono consulting projects over three to five years. Our ultimate goal is to increase the number of youth and adults who are empowered with relevant skills for employment, decent jobs, and entrepreneurship (UN SDG 4.4). Since 2013, Team4Tech has worked with over 1,200 corporate volunteers to help over 50 strategic nonprofit partners integrate technology to advance teaching and learning for 110,000 learners in 20+ countries. In 2022, we are launching an online Community of Practice to share educational technology tools and resources with an additional ~300 nonprofits per year.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At a time of programmatic expansion, Team4Tech seeks a talented Program Associate to support our highly impactful education projects with defined targets, strategies, and goals. Our Program Associate will have the opportunity to learn from our Program Directors and support the critical work of our strategic nonprofit portfolio and manage diverse teams of global corporate volunteers.
Specifically, the Program Associate will:
- Join a team of skilled and passionate Program Directors leading long term collaborations with global nonprofits to scale and amplify their impact in education.
- Collaborate with global nonprofit partners to define program goals, sustainable educational technology project plans, and well-defined evaluation metrics for teaching and learning impact.
- Engage corporate pro bono volunteers on projects for our nonprofit partners, including volunteer selection, training (using Team4Tech’s human-centered design curriculum), project implementation, measurement and evaluation, and project debrief.
- Provide technical solutions and ed tech support to Team4Tech’s global Community of Practice.
WHO YOU ARE
A passionate advocate for Team4Tech’s mission and values. You share Team4Tech’s vision and passion to expand access to quality education and economic opportunity by leveraging technology, volunteers and solutions. You thrive in an organization that believes in empowering everyone as a learner and everyone as a teacher.
A thoughtful relationship builder who develops rapport easily and fosters long-term connections. You are an ambitious go-getter, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have a warm, energetic, and authentic personality that translates to building lasting relationships both internally and externally.
A well-organized and resourceful team player. You are experienced in managing multiple projects and tasks, proactively and independently addressing challenges as they arise. You have a mind for operations and efficiency, and strategically use limited resources to create systems and processes.
An inspired writer, storyteller, and communicator. You are skilled in analyzing, breaking down, and communicating complex ideas in ways that inspire others to action. You demonstrate an understanding of the context surrounding education and international development, and create logical arguments that clearly articulate the ‘why’ behind mission, impact, and technology solutions.
Preferred skills and experiences:
- Experience with technical aspects of educational technology, either in a school or nonprofit setting.
- Experience with human-centered design.
- Experience writing blogs/articles that show the ability to synthesize technical information and communicate it in an effective way.
- Experience with project-management tools and software including Asana and Salesforce.
- Experience living and/or traveling in developing countries with limited technology resources is a plus.
- Spanish and/or French language ability is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant fields (education, public policy, international development).
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
We are open to all candidates who are legally authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship. This opportunity is flexible on location with work performed remotely. For Bay Area based candidates, there is an opportunity to work out of our shared office space. For candidates based outside of the Bay Area, the position will require travel to Silicon Valley approximately 2-3 weeks per year, once it’s safe to do so.
This is an entry level position. Salary range is $45k – $55k adjusted for experience and geographic location. Benefits include health insurance stipend, unlimited leave, and voluntary 401k contributions.
Please send your resume and a short cover letter describing your interest and experience to the hiring committee at [email protected] with “Program Associate Application” in the subject line.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and handled with confidentiality. Preference will be given to applications received in April. Desired start date is June 2022.