EdTech Project Manager
Nairobi, Kenya (Remote)
Team4Tech (www.team4tech.org) is a Silicon Valley-based nonprofit that works to expand access to quality education and economic opportunity through technology capacity building and solutions. We partner for three to five years with education-focused nonprofit organizations globally, and we help them amplify their impact through technology grants and pro bono consulting projects. Our ultimate goal is to increase the number of youth and adults who are empowered with relevant skills for employment, decent jobs, and entrepreneurship (UN SDG 4.4). Since 2013, Team4Tech has worked with over 1,200 corporate volunteers to help over 50 strategic nonprofit partners integrate technology to advance teaching and learning for 110,000 learners in 20+ countries.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Team4Tech and the Raspberry Pi Foundation have partnered to expand access to educational technology, coding, and physical computing through the use of Raspberry Pi, Code Club, CoderDojo, and other tech curriculum and resources. We are seeking a Project Manager based in Nairobi to lead an educational technology pilot project, ensure its on-the-ground success, and scale the impact across Kenya and Africa. The Project Manager will work closely with the Team4Tech Regional Hub Coordinator, who is also based in Nairobi.
Specifically, the Project Manager will:
- Undergo training by Raspberry Pi Foundation (RPF) to be the local expert on all curriculum and products
- Undergo training by Team4Tech (T4T) to understand partner context and operations
- Monitor the progress of the Raspberry Pi Foundation and Team4Tech partner program to advise on best practices for sustainability and scalability
- Lead training and troubleshooting efforts on the technical products, ensuring Raspberry Pi kits are implemented and being used effectively
- Lead training sessions with educators who will then train other teachers (train-the-trainer model), including training to establish and sustain coding clubs
- Actively monitor the tracking software on the RPF computers that reports usage
- Liaise with RPF staff to facilitate the expansion of coding clubs and robotics challenges within Kenya and with Team4Tech partners
- Take learnings from program implementation to the Ministry of Education for national Kenyan adoption
- Present at regional and national conferences on the impact of RPF products and curriculum with low resource organizations in Kenya
- Work with RPF and university partners to collect survey data, and testimonials to inform a specific research study that is relevant to the educational technology field in low resource contexts
- Write blogs on project progress and showcase successes and impact on social meda
WHO YOU ARE
Desire skills of Project Manager:
- A STEM enthusiast, ideally with understanding of the education landscape (educator, hobbyist maker, engineer) with strong technical expertise and a demonstrated commitment to computing education
- A BS/BA diploma in a relevant field (e.g., CS/engineering, education, international development, public policy)
- A strong collaborator who is self-directed with demonstrated ability to independently lead and manage projects and the creation of high quality deliverables
- A relationship builder with demonstrated experience building and sustaining partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders, ideally for education-based programmes
- A project manager with a talent for multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, learning new skills and methodologies, and working under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with experience communicating effectively with people who are based in different time zones. Should feel comfortable presenting to different audiences and be able to write clearly.
- Experience of designing and facilitating high-quality training sessions, ideally for educators and partner organizations.
- Experience with Raspberry Pi products is a plus.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
This is a local hire in Nairobi, Kenya. Work will be performed remotely with regular travel and site visits to the pilot organization Kenya Connect (based in Wamunyu; 2-3 hrs. east of Nairobi by road). Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
This is a full-time contract position for 1 year with an option to renew. Salary is locally competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume and a short cover letter describing your interest and experience to the hiring committee at [email protected] with “EdTech Project Manager” in the subject line.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and handled with confidentiality. Preference will be given to applications received by June 13, 2022. Desired start date is flexible in July 2022.