Director of Development
Flexible, (San Francisco Bay Area is preferred)
Team4Tech works to expand access to quality education and economic opportunity by leveraging technology volunteers and solutions. We partner with global nonprofit partners with strong education programs and help amplify their impact through technology grants and pro bono consulting projects over three to five years. Our ultimate goal is to increase the number of youth and adults who are empowered with relevant skills for employment, decent jobs, and entrepreneurship. Since 2013, Team4Tech has supported more than 35 nonprofits to improve education and economic opportunities for 85,000 learners in 19 countries in North America, Latin America, Africa, Asia, and Europe.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At a time of programmatic expansion, Team4Tech seeks an energetic Director of Development (DOD) to build upon our fundraising success, deepen and broaden our donor base, and implement a long-term strategy that inspires a range of individuals, foundations, and corporations to support Team4Tech’s mission and vision. Serving as a strategic and hands-on leader, the DOD will also strengthen development systems and processes to ensure smooth day-to-day fundraising operations and donor management.
Specifically, the DOD will:
- Lead the design, implementation, and ongoing management of a forward-thinking fundraising plan to raise $1.8M over the next three years.
- Personally cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of major donors with the capacity to give 5- and 6-figure gifts; maintain a robust pipeline of donor prospects.
- Deepen engagement of current supporters, overseeing donor stewardship that results in renewing and/or increasing multi-year gifts.
- Provide guidance and direction to the Executive Director to leverage her time strategically on fundraising activities and maximize ROI.
- Work closely with board and staff to create an energized, authentic fundraising culture. Consult with board members to deepen their involvement in fundraising and leverage their personal and professional networks.
- In collaboration with program staff, prepare high quality case statements, proposals, presentations, reports, and other donor communications. Leverage data, impact stories, and excitement about Team4Tech’s work to inspire donors to action.
- Collaborate with the corporate partnership team on creative ways to expand existing relationships, engage volunteer alumni as donors, and tap into the philanthropic arms of Team4Tech’s corporate partners.
- Manage the strategy and execution of Team4Tech’s annual fundraising gala, The Lighthouse Circle (3 year giving program) and Changemakers (monthly giving program).
- Create and/or refine systems, tools, and processes for development operations, inclusive of managing donor information, touchpoints, and projections. Maintain an accurate and timely funding pipeline to help with forecasting future revenue and setting programmatic targets, integrated with the Salesforce CRM
- Operate within a team culture that values open communication, learning, flexibility, fun, and a willingness to jump in and collaborate with colleagues across the organization.
WHO YOU ARE
A passionate advocate for Team4Tech’s mission and values. You share Team4Tech’s vision and passion to expand access to quality education and economic opportunity by leveraging technology volunteers and solutions. You thrive in an organization that believes in empowering everyone as a learner and everyone as a teacher.
A versatile and well-rounded development professional. You bring 7+ years of work experience in fundraising, with a track record of managing a $1M+ portfolio and experience qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major individual, foundation, and corporate supporters. You enjoy both the operational and donor-facing aspects of fundraising, and are knowledgeable about fundraising systems, processes, and best practices.
An inspired writer, storyteller, and communicator. You are skilled in analyzing, breaking down, and communicating complex ideas in ways that inspire others to action. You demonstrate an understanding of the context surrounding education and international development, and create logical arguments that clearly articulate the ‘why’ behind mission and impact. Grant writing/reporting experience is required.
A thoughtful relationship builder who develops rapport easily and fosters long-term connections. You have a warm, energetic, and authentic personality that translates to building lasting relationships both internally and externally. You “manage up” with senior leadership and board members on fundraising activities, and effectively work across functional teams.
A well-organized and resourceful behind-the-scenes manager. You are experienced in managing multiple projects and tasks, proactively and independently addressing challenges as they arise. You have a mind for operations and efficiency, and strategically use limited resources to create systems and processes. You are skilled at getting the most out of donor relationship management systems.
The following experience, skills, and knowledge are desired but not required:
- Experience fundraising for corporate volunteering, education, international development, and/or technology training programs
- Experience using Salesforce as a donor management system
Salary range is $100,000 – $120,000 adjusted for experience and geographic location. We will also consider a part-time (20-30 hour/week) arrangement at a prorated salary. Benefits include health insurance stipend, unlimited leave, and voluntary 401k contributions.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
This opportunity is flexible on location, with a slight preference for candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area. For candidates based outside the Bay Area, the position will require travel to Silicon Valley approximately 2-3 weeks per year, once it’s safe to do so.
Click Apply Now to submit your resume and personalized cover letter that answers the question “What excites you about Team4Tech and the Director of Development opportunity?” Please address your cover letter to Julie Clugage, Co-Founder and Executive Director.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and handled with confidentiality. Preference will be given to applications received by September 10, 2021. Desired start date is October 2021.