Asia Regional Hub Coordinator
Remote, Flexible Location (New Delhi, India; Bangkok, Thailand; Manila, Philippines)
Team4Tech is a Silicon Valley-based nonprofit that works to expand access to quality education and economic opportunity through technology capacity building and solutions by leveraging technology volunteers. We partner with global nonprofit organizations with strong education programs and help them amplify their impact through technology grants and pro bono consulting projects over three to five years. Our ultimate goal is to increase the number of youth and adults who are empowered with relevant skills for employment, decent jobs, and entrepreneurship (UN SDG 4.4). Since 2013, Team4Tech has worked with over 1,200 corporate volunteers to help over 50 strategic nonprofit partners integrate technology to advance teaching and learning for 110,000 learners in 20+ countries. In 2022, we are launching an online Community of Practice to share educational technology tools and resources with an additional ~300 nonprofits per year.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Team4Tech expands our organization and global partnerships, we are seeking a Regional Hub Coordinator based in South or Southeast Asia to support our portfolio of nonprofit partners in the region. The Asia Regional Hub Coordinator will work closely with Team4Tech staff in the US headquarters.
Specifically, the Asia Regional Hub Coordinator will:
- Assume the role of account manager for Team4Tech’s nonprofit partners across South and Southeast Asia, providing customized support over our long term relationship.
- Collaborate with Team4Tech’s global nonprofit partners to define program goals, sustainable educational technology project plans, and well-defined evaluation metrics for teaching and learning impact. Many of the nonprofits are in rural areas with limited access to technology, so low-bandwidth and mobile-first platforms are often prioritized.
- Support current nonprofit partners through: boosting engagement in Team4Tech’s Community of Practice, leading local training workshops; identifying and troubleshooting technical issues that arise; supporting monitoring and evaluation data collection and report writing; and conducting monthly check-in meetings with each in-region nonprofit partner.
- Source new potential nonprofit partners in the region during recruitment and application processes.
- Represent Team4Tech in regional ed tech forums to raise awareness of our work.
- Adapt, localize, and apply Team4Tech’s global strategy to South and Southeast Asia.
- Support logistics and planning for onsite projects in South and Southeast Asia.
- Collaboratively develop strategy for future regional hubs in other parts of the world.
WHO YOU ARE
A passionate advocate for Team4Tech’s mission and values. You share Team4Tech’s vision and mission to expand access for under-resourced learners to quality education and economic opportunity by leveraging technology solutions and capacity building. You thrive in an organization that believes in empowering everyone as a learner and everyone as a teacher.
A versatile and well-rounded educator and project manager. You bring 10+ years of applicable experience in education and/or program management, ideally leading technology strategy and implementation in an educational setting. You have strong regional networks in the international development and education sectors. You also have an excellent understanding of project management techniques and methods, and you exhibit organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
A thoughtful relationship builder who develops rapport easily and fosters long-term connections. You are an ambitious go-getter, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have a warm, energetic, and authentic personality that translates to building lasting relationships both internally and externally.
A well-organized and resourceful team player. You are experienced in managing multiple projects and tasks, proactively and independently addressing challenges as they arise. You have a mind for operations and efficiency, and strategically use limited resources to create systems and processes.
An inspired writer, storyteller, and communicator. You are skilled in analyzing, breaking down, and communicating complex ideas in ways that inspire others to action. You demonstrate an understanding of the context surrounding education and international development, and create logical arguments that clearly articulate the ‘why’ behind mission, impact, and technology solutions.
Preferred skills and experiences:
- Experience with evaluation and implementation of educational technology, either in a school or nonprofit setting.
- Experience with ed tech strategy in the context of South and Southeast Asia, particularly in low resource contexts.
- Ability to network and collaborate with existing and potential nonprofit partners.
- Knowledge of local cultural landscapes, and ability to navigate different cultures respectfully.
- Proficiency in English (additional language ability is a plus) with clear communication and organizational skills.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
This is a local hire in either New Delhi, India; Bangkok, Thailand; Manila, Philippines. Work will be performed remotely with an anticipated 6-8 weeks of global travel per year once post-pandemic travel resumes.
This is a full-time position with local competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume and a short cover letter describing your interest and experience to the hiring committee at [email protected] with “Asia Regional Hub Coordinator” in the subject line.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and handled with confidentiality. Preference will be given to applications received by April 30, 2022. Desired start date is flexible in May/June 2022.